Hi there! I'm Tony.
I'm a husband, a father, and a frontend-focused software engineer. When I'm not spending time with my amazing family, I really enjoy coding. In particular, I love working on design systems. I started working full-time on design systems in 2017 and fell in love with how productive they make my team. I enjoy working in open source whenever I can. I am a huge advocate for atomic design patterns and composability in Component APIs.
I've built design systems with Ember.js, React.js, and web components. Accessibility is something I take very seriously when building design systems. I've been very lucky to work mostly in design systems over the past couple of years, but I've also built a lot of products in my career.
Here are some things I've worked on in the past:
- Windows Phone applications
- Windows Desktop applications
- Software to test sump pump equipment
- Firmware in cellular alarm products
- Embedded software to treat Onychomycosis
- Automated testing software using Selenium
- Telephony onboarding and billing software
- Car and ride sharing applications
- Fleet management software
- Built a design system at Toyota
- Built a design system at LifeOmic
- Built a product to help an oncologist make decisions for patients based on genomic data
- Built a software marketplace
- Helped build and maintain a design system at CrowdStrike